Friday, October 5, 2012

Bald Eagle & Oatmeal

I was sitting on my little back porch this morning eating my oatmeal* & heard some freaky cawing coming from the front(?) of the house.  Craning my neck, looking for a weird new bird in the trees & a bald eagle flew across the side yard about 20' above the ground and then soared over the trees on the side yard  (For those of  you unfamiliar with my yard that put him about 100 feet away from me!)

Oh yeah:  the 4 mile run didn't happen yesterday :(   but I did get my sewing area organized enough to start a small sewing commission :) 

Check out the marathon website:

  www.leoruntoremember.org

So far I've raised $35!  Thanks Dad & TXWildflower!

*Oatmeal 

DISCLAIMER:  I have a really hard time eating oatmeal, it's kinda gross.  But it's (supposedly) good for you <insert eye roll>.  And before you send me notes telling me I need to eat the 'real' kind or or the steel cut or the rolled or whatever, let me say that I've tried them all and the only thing that makes oatmeal worse is having to stand over the stove stirring & smelling the mess. 

Anywho, here's my recipe for making it edible & if you already LIKE oatmeal, then this oughta knock your socks off... :D

One pack instant maple & sugar
milk (to the dotted line on the pack)
handful of pecans
3 or 4 tablespoons of coconut milk

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. When I submitted my comment it showed twice so I deleted one of them... and it deleted them both. :(

    ReplyDelete

Labels