Sunday, October 7, 2012

7 mile run

7 mile run yesterday - I'm running a consistent 15 minute mile (don't laugh, it's faster than laying on the couch, lol)  breathing good, legs good, feet OK: 2 blisters from sand in my shoe :( 
Lesson learned:  stop & dump the sand!

have one nagging foot, what's up with that? it doesn't literally 'hurt', doesn't bother me during the run, just annoying the day or two after a long run.

Things I need to run:
1.  sunscreen
2.  distraction!  I need a dog to chase me or SOMETHING just to break up the monotony

 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops...I thought it posted twice so deleted one...oh well.

    Back when I was young and skinny, I ran. Another runner helped me get through the stitch-in-the-side, but not the shin splints. Running is bad on the joints (not just an excuse). :D I suggest a fast walk.

    Get an mp3 player or an iPod and load it with your favorite music or audio book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry has the same idea I came up with. On the little bit of walking I did this past summer, the iPod was great. Get some music switch a good beat, and off you go.

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn auto-correct. Music "with" a good beat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, heck. I was gonna say music too. I think there are actually tracks you can download for walking or running. Somewhere I've heard that. Now, would I know about running? Really? Good luck to you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. I'm testing out the double comments. Hope it's fixed since FFG just left one. :)

    I need to be running too. It's easier to do when the weather is so nice and crisp.
    Kim / SeeingStars

    ReplyDelete

Labels