Friday, November 30, 2012

Fixer Upper: The story of Sugar Daddy & me

        You know that thing about hindsight being 20/20?  hahahahhahaha 
                I
Before Sugar Daddy & I were 'we', I was on Active Duty and lived WAAYYYY out in the woods in a rented trailer (super cheap rent, btw).  A handsome, young Engineer Officer (before he was Sugar Daddy) kept urging me to 'build a house'- 'don't rent if you can own' -  He wanted to get into the construction business but being young and needing practical experience, offered to act as my General Contractor for the OJT/work cred. 

          footnote:  Does everyone know what a General Contractor does?  He is the person who works for the homeowner, in charge of the workers that build your house; he makes the HOME OWNER's wishes a reality:
     HomeOwner, "I wish my kitchen had an artsy, mosaic tile backsplash"
     GC:    "OK, I can make that happen!  How much do  you want to spend?"
     HO:  "I wish my house had 14 doors opening onto a back patio with a heated inground lap pool with palm trees, a cabana & a monkey"
     GC:   "OK, I can make that happen! How much do you want to spend?"
     HO:  " I wish _________________________...."
     GC:  " your wish is my command, write the check"

 Having long lived the life of a wanderer, I couldn't imagine being tied to a house and SO NEVER TOOK HIM UP ON THE OFFER  <hindsight: significant decision>. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels